Current Tenant: First Methodist Church
215 W. Works
The First Methodist Church was built in the early 1890s. The current church was built with additional classrooms and a gymnasium in 1923. In 1890 The Sheridan Post Building suffered a fire, and several of the Ladies of the Methodist Church entered the building to save newspaper property. This act of heroism caused the newspaper’s insurance company to buy the bell for the bell tower of the new Methodist Church.