Current Tenants: P.O. News & Flagstaff Cafe, Kraft’s Jewelry, and Once Upon a Story Boutique
1 N. Main
The original Post Office Book and News Stand was located on Brundage before the Federal Building was built and the post office was moved. In 1907 the store was run by Emma V. Shields, an unusual position for a woman at the time. When the Gillette Building was finished circa 1910, the Post Office News Stand and Cigar Store moved into the prime space on the corner of Main and Loucks. While the tenants of the other two properties located within the block have changed over time to include Tailor Fred Reineke, Sheridan Beauty College, Goar’s Shoe Store, and Sheridan County Farm Bureau, the corner has always belonged to P.O. News.