360-366 N. Main
The New York Store was started at this location in 1895 and benefited greatly from being located between the railroad and the creek. All the girls from the nearby red light district were the best paying customers and Saturday night usually meant a sellout at the store. The girls would come in the store and excuse themselves to turn and fetch cash from their stockings. In 1908, the New York Store moved to 35 N. Main and continued to operate from a grander structure.