Original Wood Depot

Current Tenant: Sagebrush Community Art Center
201 E. 5th St.

     

This red wooden building was the original Sheridan depot for the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad. Built in 1892, the building was located just across the street from the Sheridan Inn, making food and lodging easily accessible for rail passengers. The depot was moved to its current location in 1910 to accommodate the new brick station and become the freight station. It was recently restored to reflect its original exterior and interior.

Spread the word...
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestEmail to someonePrint this page