The Burlington Beanery

Current Tenant: VFW
758 Broadway

While this building currently houses the VFW, it was originally deeply connected to the train station just across the street. Beginning in 1908, the original structure held stores frequented by rail passengers and customers of the Sheridan Inn across the street. From 1913 until the mid-1950s, the building housed the Helsberg Bros Restaurant and Billiards, also called the Burlington Beanery. This was a popular restaurant for both railroad passengers and workers alike. Due to this deep connection to Sheridan’s history, the VFW is still often referred to as “The Beanery.”

 

Spread the word...
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestEmail to someonePrint this page